Wednesday, November 14, 2007

and I quote

chris from Notes from the Trenches
"...even though Monday was a holiday this has been a L-O-N-G week, all two days of it so far."

I celebrated the 2nd day of the work week with dinner out, with Ryland and surprisingly Michael. I am so full. Dinner was very nice, Ryland and I compared our opposite food weirdness while Michael looked on in amusement. Michael's only food weirdness is no food with tentacles. I don't understand what compels him to draw the line there, because nothing else seems to bother him but I guess it is the same thing that keeps him away from the surgeries on television or horror that I enjoy.
I won't detail Ryland's weird because I don't have permission and Jake is making a list of this that may be an interesting read in the future. Did I ever introduce the boys to you? I certainly talk about them enough. When Michael started the USC program last year he met the guys in his program. They are a cool group of guys and I have made friends with several of them, Hey Michael even started up a business with them, but the actual boys are Jake and Ryland. When we first met we clicked and in a seemingly instantaneous fashion we have bonded in coupledom with the boys as our alter egos. Sometimes our similarities and fast friendship are frightening sometimes when Ryland calls to tell me he is watching Celine Dion on Oprah in a non-ironic fashion I think "Do I know you?"
But anyway, here after that long winded empty intro is a view into my food weirdness. Which in my opinion is not hugely weird, because I will eat most things I just won't enjoy them.
Things I do not enjoy that the world at large seems to like a whole lot:
  • cake!
  • mashed potatoes
  • sweet potatoes in most forms
  • cooked carrots
  • most gooey desserts that are very rich and sweet/puddings/mousse
  • most meat (and yet I did Korean BBQ, see I can eat these things I just mostly choose not to)
  • oatmeal, cream of wheat or any other product of questionable texture like tapioca pudding --see mashed potatoes
Things I enjoy that people tend to not like so much:
  • raw veggies-spinach, carrots, peppers, broccoli, most greens some need blanching and some acidity
  • candy you liked as a little kid, now'n'laters, tangy taffy, sweet tarts etc.
  • seltzer water
  • vanilla or plain yogurt with granola and fresh fruits
  • nuts, unsalted almost anything except peanuts which should probably be added to the first list
  • practically anything with garlic and/or ginger
That's all I can think of now. I am sure that if Michael was not still working all the time (2-5 hours of sleep crazy composer guy) he could add something. He would definitely add a list of junk that I eat, but I don't need to detail that. I talk enough about my wine and chips habit.

No comments: