Sunday, August 29, 2004

empty excitement

I have become addicted to blogs this summer. It started in July when I was still in class and got horribly worse in August when michael left for tour and classes ended. It got so bad that as I wandered through my day and my empty apartment I started to think like I was writing a blog. My internal monologue was less obscured and more patterned for an audience. I began to check on my favorites to see if they had posted every time I walked past the computer. It was similar to an email I received from deborah once that said "you know you are an email slave when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and stop to check your email on the way back to bed". So yesterday, when I finally succumbed and started my own blog I was weirdly excited. My heart was beating faster like I was in front of an audience, and accordingly I completely ran out of things to say. So today I started writing about nothing and this already seems long to me. I guess I will never run out of things to say.

No comments: