Here is a random lame meme from Deborah about Christmas time. I am a Christmas loser. I don't decorate at all and even coming up with holiday craft projects for my Kindergartners is tough. This would surprise people like my sister, who know I make a billion kinds of cookies and my own wrapping paper etc. But I can't get motivated when I know I will be spending the holiday out of state, and when I know that I will be working until the 23rd. Kid's make me tired. Anyway what was I saying? ridiculous Christmas meme here you go:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate (but whose kidding how about some mulled wine or just some red wine)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sits them under the tree? Wraps
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white (unless they are those big fatty colored lights outside)4. Do you hang mistletoe? at my parents house I hang an ancient plastic mistletoe with an elf on top5. When do you put your decorations up? never, I don't have any (but the parents got it (more than) covered)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? shrimp appetizer7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? lots of them, mostly trips with my parents. downtown philadelphia light show at Wanamakers or the light show and christmas music at longwood gardens, singing songs with Kate at the piano8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't know but I don't remember a big reveal, just seemed to get it thanks to the older siblings I'm sure9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? pajamas (that way we look cute in the Christmas pictures)10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I still don't get one, but the parents do a ton of old ornaments some of our dorky homeade ones and lots and lots of white lights and gold and red shiny balls. I did the cool art one in Bloom one year with the art people and a flight theme it was huge and cool and full of colored lights, paper airplanes, paper cranes, puffy clouds, and alien spaceships.11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it when I don't have to travel12. Can you ice skate? very poorly but its fun, makes my feet sore
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? nope14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
lots of family, fantastic food, people opening the presents I get them and liking them
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? not a big dessert girl, so I like cookies or fruit pies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? driving around to see the lights, watching a weeks worth of christmas movies17. What tops your tree? A star (if I did one)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving (now that I am all big and mature and able to buy things I want when I want them ha ha)19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? unsure, but it is weird liking christmas music and not being a jesus person. At school today I was humming oh come oh come emmanuel...strange. also there is so much music that I have done and enjoyed with different choirs over the years I can never pick.
20. Favorite Christmas movie?no favorite but here is the countdown of movies up Elf, Mixed Nuts, Nightmare before Christmas, Miracle on 34th St. the non colorized version, A Christmas Story, Christmas National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, Its a wonderful life and I feel like I am missing one good one so please comment
22. When do you take Christmas decorations down?never put any up to begin with woohoo23. Snowboard or Ski? neither (but sledding if I had one and lived where it was snowy)24. Ever kissed your love under the mistletoe? sure25. Snow Man or Snow Tunnels? both, or an igloo where you get so hot you have to take your coat off. also snow angels.